Know the answers to your questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Clothing: Loose fitting, comfortable clothes, or sportswear. Closed footwear, no sandals or flip-flops on all tours.
– Layering clothes is best as Vancouver – and throughout BC – we frequently encounter changing weather conditions especially in the mountains.
– For hikes, proper shoes such as running shoes, or hiking footwear with good support is mandatory.
– A day backpack to carry your personal belongings.
– Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat for sun protection.
– Camera or phone to take pictures.
– Cash or credit cards for purchases along the way.
Breakaway Adventures has a fleet of 2021 Giant bicycles, including touring, hard tail cycles and e-bikes with front suspension. We will choose the appropriate bike for you depending on the tour and your cycling abilities.
All tours include pickup and drop off from your accommodation in Vancouver, British Columbia.
All tours are 100% refundable up to one week (seven days) in advance. If we can reschedule your tour during the same visit in Vancouver, we will move the funds to that rescheduled tour. Cancellations less than one week from tour date will be refunded at 50% without reschedule date.
Breakaway Adventures has tours for all levels of fitness. Most of our tours are private, allowing us to cater to your specific level. Our stable of e-bikes and street bikes allows us to provide options for our clients based on fitness and comfort levels.
The hikes are various levels of fitness. When we plan your tour, we will assess what is best for your group.
A minimum of 2 days is recommended, as we are a small family run business. If you would like to book a tour on short notice, please call 778-896-2652 to make arrangements and we will be as accommodating as possible.
We strongly recommend that all participants have travel insurance or adequate health insurance within Canada before going on any tour.